With the holidays upon us many are planning their family outings. Placer County is a great place to pile in the car and head out on a mission to see some amazing neighborhood Christmas light displays.
We have compiled a list of some of the must-see spots in the area.
Pebble Creek Drive
What to Expect: Around 100 homes on both sides of the street decorated for Christmas.
- Cartoon characters, lights and driveway and garage get-togethers fill the street as residents from far and wide travel here to experience the holiday festivities.
- People drive through and walk through on the sidewalk.
- This has been a Rocklin tradition for more than 20 years!
Where: 5813 Pebble Creek Dr., Rocklin Closest intersection: Sunset Blvd. and Stanford Ranch Road
What to Expect: A casual stroll through a neighborhood with several light displays.
- You may see some incredible light arches lined along the sidewalk.
- It isn’t far from the Galleria at Roseville if you would like to stop for dinner or some hot chocolate on your way.
- In past years, there has been canned food drives to benefit the Placer Food Bank.
1484 Kingswood Dr.
What to Expect: A variety of displays, from Santa, to Disney characters, to hippos to flamingos, and more.
- Several houses are lit up with LED displays (featuring approximately 35,000 lights).
- In addition, lights are strung up on several of the towering neighborhood trees.
- In past years, socks have been collected to benefit The Gathering Inn.
Where: 1484 Kingswood Dr. Roseville Closest intersection: Foothills Blvd. and S Bluff Drive
What to Expect: This is just outside of Placer County in neighboring Sacramento County, but it is a must-see.
- Every one of the 18 houses on this court is decked out with lights, characters and unique displays.
- Many of the displays are well-thought out and will keep families entertained for quite some time.
- Since it is a court, driving through can be difficult, so get a cup of hot chocolate, park down the street and stroll through this magical setting.
Where: 9333 Dovewood Ct., Orangevale Closest intersection: Madison Ave. and Walnut Ave.